An Easy Guide to APA Style by Beth M. Schwartz, R. Eric Landrum, Regan A. R. Gurung
By: Schwartz, Beth M.Material type: BookPublisher: New Delhi Sage Publication India Pvt. Ltd. 2016Edition: 3rd ed.Description: 304p.ISBN: 9781483383231.Subject(s): Psychology - Authorship - Style Manuals | Social SciencesDDC classification: 808.06615
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Book||Institute of Management||Reference||808.06615 SCH (Browse shelf)||Not For Loan||M0032606|
Part I: Overview
1. APA style versus format: Why it matters to your audience and why is should matter to you
2. Your visual table of contents QuickFinder
Part II: Writing with (APA) style: Big picture items
3. General writing tips specific to APA style: General bare-bones fundamentals
4. A quick grammar summary for APA-style writing
5. Plagiarism and how to avoid it: Thou shalt not steal (or be lazy)
6. Avoiding biased language
Part III: Writing with (APA) style: Getting down to business
7. Writing your introduction: Tying the story all together
8. Citing sources in text: Whodunit (or said it)?
9. A step-by-step playbook of your method: How, what, when, who, and where?
10. Writing about statistics and associated fun: How did it all turn out?
11. Writing your discussion: It's a wrap
12. Everybody needs references
Part IV: Presenting your work in APA format
13. The numbers game: How to write numbers (and when the rules change)
14. Formatting: Organizing, headings, and making your work look good to print
15. Table the motion: The special challenges of tables and figures
16. Make Microsoft Word 2013 work for you: APA formatting
Part V: Some nitty-gritty details
17. Making a list, no apps required: Enumeration and seriation
18. Abbreviations, signs, symbols, and punctuation: The devil is in the details
Part VI: In closing: Important considerations
19. Using rubrics: Knowing what it means to write a good paper
20. Proofreading the entire paper: Get it right!
21. Complete sample of an experimental (research) paper: Samples, anyone?
22. How to avoid the most common mistakes: All together now