Strategy and Human Resource Management by Peter Boxall and John Purcell
By: Boxall, Peter.
Contributor(s): Purcell, John.Material type: BookSeries: Management, Work and Organisations. Publisher: London Macmillan Publishers Limited 2016Edition: 4th ed.Description: 353p.ISBN: 9781137407634.Subject(s): Human Capital | Organizational Effectiveness | Personnel ManagementDDC classification: 658.3
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Book||Institute of Management On Display||IMDIS||658.3 BOX (Browse shelf)||On hold||M0033013||1|
Part I: Foundations
1. Human Resource Management: What and Why?
2. Strategy and the Process of Strategic Management
Part II: General Principles
3. Strategic HRM: 'Best Fit' or 'Best Practice'?
4. Strategic HRM and Sustained Competitive Advantage
5. Building a workforce: the Challenge of Interst Alignment
6. Management Power, Employee Voice and Social Legitimacy
7. Workforce Performance and the ‘Black box’ of HRM
Part III: Specific Contexts
8. HR Srategy in Manufacturing
9. HR Strategy in Services
10. HR Strategy in Multidivisional Firms
11. HR Strategy in multinational firms
12. Final Thoughts: Main Themes and Next Steps