Law and the Economy in Colonial India by Tirthankar Roy and Anand V. Swamy
By: Roy, Tirthankar.
Contributor(s): Swamy, Anand V.Material type: BookSeries: Markets and Governments in Economic History. Publisher: Chicago The University of Chicago Press 2016Description: 240p.ISBN: 9780226387642.Subject(s): India - Economic PolicyDDC classification: 349.5409
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Book||Institute of Management On Display||IMDIS||349.5409 ROY (Browse shelf)||Not For Loan||M0033931|
1. The process of legislation, 1772-1857
2. Landed property: security and incentives
3. Landed property and credit
4. Succession of property: joint versus individual right
5. Labor law: from "slavery" to trade union
6. Contract: late Westernization
7. Corporate law: flawed Westernization
8. The burden of procedures.