Managerial Lives Leadership and Identity in an Imperfect World by Stefan Sveningsson and Mats Alvesson
By: Sveningsson, Stefan.
Contributor(s): Alvesson, Mats.Material type: BookPublisher: Cambridge Cambridge University Press 2016Description: 357p.ISBN: 9781107551756.Subject(s): Management Styles & Communication | Business & Economics - ExecutivesDDC classification: 658.4
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Book||Institute of Management||General||658.4 SVE (Browse shelf)||Available||M0033971|
Part I. Managerial Life - Managerial Work and the Managerial Identity:
2. Management - work, identity and leadership
3. Part II. Managerial Life - Roles and Identities:
4. Why management?
5. The manager as change agent, strategist and networker
6. The manager as humanist and moral example
Part III. Management - Ironies, Labyrinths and Pitfalls:
7. Self-view and managerial ideals meet reality - managerial work in practice
8. Feedback, ignorance and self-esteem - the ironic elements of managerial life
9. Managerial life and forms of identity work
10. Leadership and identity in an imperfect world.