Fortune Tellers: The Story of America's First Economic Forecasters by Walter A. Friedman
By: Friedman, Walter A.Material type: BookPublisher: Princeton Princeton University Press 2014Description: 273p.ISBN: 9780691169194.Subject(s): Economic Forecasting - United States - History - 20th Century | Business Forecasting | Economists - United States - Biography | EconomistsDDC classification: 330.092273
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Book||Institute of Management||General||330.092273 FRI (Browse shelf)||Available||M0032150|
1. Roger W. Babson: The rule of past patterns
"The fundamental law of 'action reaction'"
2. Irving Fisher: The economy as a mathematical model
"The velocity of money"
3. John Moody: The bright light of transparency
"An aggregation of over 440 large industrial, franchise and transportation Trusts"
Gallery of business and forecasting charts
5. C. J. Bullock and Warren Persons: The Harvard ABC chart
"The statistician ... attempts to find a specific analogy existing in an orderly universe"
5. Wesley Mitchell and Herbert Hoover: forecasting as policy
"If we could foresee the business cycle, there would be none"
6. Visions of the future